PlanetScott Consulting, Inc.
provides a one-stop solution for your web programming needs.
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Fourteen years software developer, software engineer, SQL Server Relational Database Architect (DBA), application development, lead programmer analyst.
XSL, VBA, C#, VB.NET, Perl., etc...
- Software: Microsoft SQL Server Management, SQL Query Analyzer, Microsoft Visual Studio, IIS, FTP, SourceGear Vault, Access Database, Excel, Google Maps API,
Yahoo Maps API. I can integrate any documented software into .net applications.
- .NET Objects: Threading (asynchronous processes), GDI+ image manipulation, HTTPResponse (web scraping), System.net eMail, SQLData, Data Encryption, OleDB, itextsharp PDF, etc...
- Platforms: Expert in Microsoft Windows platforms. I have some limited experience with DOS, Mac, and Unix.
- Managed team to integrate design and content elements in public websites.
- Built custom software to manage nonstandard business requirements
- Developed script programming and relational databases for form-based dynamic content eCommerce websites.
- Automated credit card billing (Authorize.net, Verisign, Nova, and Paypal, others), email confirmations, order exports, order tracking, and inventory.
- Skilled in multi-tiered object oriented programming.
- Created relational database architecture, and used indices, constraints, dts, and stored procedures to optimize performance of SQL databases.
- Expert in batch processing of data.
- Maintained code across multi-server platforms.
- Debugged and repaired faulty legacy code.
- Optimized websites for maximum search engine exposure (SEO)
- Embedded streaming media (Flash, Realplayer, Quicktime, and Windows Media Player) into websites.
- Programmed XML multicast distribution of MPEG advertisements to offsite networks (VSAT and DSL) for play in retail checkout lines.
- Published websites on Microsoft IIS.
- Built content management systems / CMS.
- Built software help and feedback tools.
- Created dynamic image and dynamic PDF creation scripts.
- Converted websites built in Classic ASP and other outdated platforms into .NET.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
May 2002 - Present: PlanetScott Consulting, Inc. (Web Development, Contract Programming and Database Engineer, President)
Currently, I develop and maintain several websites as a contractor under the California corporation, PlanetScott Consulting, Inc. I lead teams
of graphic designers and front-end programmers to build sites to client specifications. I built a tiered back-end system using object oriented programming
to implement the functionality of web sites and stand-alone applications. I built relational databases on Microsoft SQL Server. I converted
several sites from Classic ASP into the .NET platform while maintaining database integrity. I have built an extensive code library that is
easily customized to provide desired web site functionality. I usually develop new sites using ASP.NET with Microsoft SQL server database. Design elements such as AJAX and CSS are integrated to provide customized design.
Please view my RECENT PROJECTS
page to view some of the work I have recently done professionally.
July 2005 - December 2005: Compumentor (Web Development, Contract Programming and Database Engineer)
Built the Compumentor/Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher website using ASP.NET (VBScript) connected
to a SQL Server Database. Designed database tables referencing the new tables to an existing database. Wrote
stored procedures in TSQL used to query database based on input parameters.
Designed and built the XML Schema enabling multiple languages to be added to the site easily. I was
also involved in maintaining the techsoup.org website and in generating reports for management.
July 2004 - January 2005: Premier Retail Networks (Web Development, Contract Programming and Database Engineer)
an in-store advertising system. Worked on many aspects of the system including
content management system, distribution of video, feed, and XML information over VSAT satellite
and DSL networks, software imaging for in-store hardware, and various other tasks.
The clients included Albertsons, Shop Rite, Ralphs, Wal Mart, and other retail outlets.
December 2000 - November 2002: eNature.com (Web Development, Programming and Database Engineer)
Lead programming and DBA duties for eNature.com
the website: Zip Guides, Lifelists, Field Guides, eCards, Parkfinder, Birding,
News. I also wrote the code used to deal with memberships, data security, and
advertisements. In addition to the public web site, I built a user content
management tool which allowed for restricted access by the various staff
members. To my knowledge, the code that I wrote for eNature has been active for over 10 years.
To help promote the site within search engines, I used various methods
indexed and data-constrained tables in a relational SQL 2000 database. When I
started working for eNature in December 2000, they were a very low-traffic site
with about 10,000 memberships. During my time with eNature, we were able to
increase our traffic to over 5 million page views per month and 200,000 memberships.
The site was nominated for a prestigious "2002 Webby Award" in the education category and won
the "People's Voice Award."
December 1999 - November 2000: ROI Direct (Senior Web Developer)
Created, customized and upgraded websites. Used ASP/VB, HTML, and
SQL to create dynamic shopping cart websites for various retail companies.
Created client databases on SQL Servers. Administered IIS server. Wrote programs
to export order data to our retail clients using XML and XSL. Based on my
follow-through, I was promoted to a two-person "special ops" team responsible
for numerous customization projects. Wrote project and hour-tracking programs for company
intranet. Click Here to view my previous and current work.
March 1999 - December 1999: Wells Fargo Bank (Visual Basic Programmer)
Visual Basic Programmer for the Systems Administration
department. Created a MS Access database to track and provide network access for
more than 40,000 employees. Wrote programs using Exchange API to automate
and control security for the process of adding new users to the network.
June 1997 - March 1999: Lucent Technologies (RF Technician)
Set up equipment, tested, and wrote Visual Basic programs to monitor
signal strength for a CDMA network. Automated a series of labor-intensive
computer tasks with report generating VBA programs. Created an Access database to
track company equipment.
BA with honors
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA.
AA with honors
Elgin Community College, Elgin, IL.
Available on Request.